Saturday, January 5, 2008

Back to Basic Toy's- Fixed...

After canceling my order through Back to Basic toy's on Christmas Eve I was going to let go of the issue. I decided to change my mind. After a little research on the company I discoveredd a couple things. One they had an employee stealing from them. They were scanning in the FedEx boxes and putting the stuff into their car. Guess who's package was one of them. The other thing I found out was that they were totally overwhelmed by the amount of orders that they received for the holidays. Something like 6 times they were expecting. Hence the shortages and just general mayhem at the company. I called them back today. I explain to them the whole issue and that I would like to give them a second chance and ask what they could do to help make things better. They are sending the toy overnight when it gets into stock and took some money off the order. Needless to say I am happy with the outcome and Robyn is going to be one happy little girl.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like a little patience with them went a long way and they are trying to make things right.

Romi said...

I'm so glad that it's working out well! That's a very very cool toy.

Anonymous said...

Back To Basics Toys are so nice...