Sunday, July 29, 2007

I am done...





I know that I have spoken a lot about this project for the past few posts. I am happy to announce that I am finally done with the knitting and have sewn up the final part of the project. It is funny why something calls to your soul. I grew up in Wheaton, Ill. Even though I have finally admitted that I am a New Englander ( took me 20 years of living in MA to admit this to myself), there will always be part of me that will be your typical Midwestern girl. I grew up in the summers waiting for that darn tornado alarm to go off in town. When you heard it, it was time to head off to the basement for the night. I often had night terrors dreaming that I would not be able to get downstairs in time and be caught in a storm. Quite the scary thought as a young child. I have never gotten over it and the thought of a tornado still scares the daylights out of me. Something about the Rebuilding Greensburg Block by Block spoke to my soul and I had to be part of it. I am so happy that Laura was able to set this up and I am honored to be part of this. Here are the photo's of my blanket. I am hoping that as a small child sleeps under it that they realize that someone out there is thinking of them and has them in their thoughts and prayers.


4 comments:

Susan said...

It's Be-AU-TI-ful

Valerie said...

I love it! Gorgeous!!! Very nice thing you are doing for them.

Criquette said...

It's fantastic! You have put an enormous amount of time and love into this afghan. And if I am counting correctly, you are sending a total of 53 items (48 squares, 3 socks and 2 scarves). So far, this is the most that I am aware of. You are going to be blessing a lot of people with these awesome handknits. Thank You!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your afghan looks great. If you would like to check out more charity knitting sites, I have some listed on my side bar over at nicoleknits.blogspot.com. I found your blog by way of Mrs. Criquette.

Welcome to the world of knitting bloggers :)