Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Nothing much going on here..

Well... That is a lie actually. I got a nice surprise yesterday. An old friend of mine (best friend from college) who I have not been on great talking terms as of late, called me to have a play date with her children. It was out of the blue and completely unexpected. About a year ago she said some rather hurtful things to me and I completely called off the friendship. It was one of the hardest things I ever did, but I needed the space and needed to heal from the hurtful things that were said. I know now that she didn't mean what she said and that it came out wrong. That said we have always been very close, but rather tough on each other, more like sisters. We had a nice time and made a play date for the kids again next week. I am trying not to set myself up for being hurt again, but it is nice to have her back in my life.

On the knitting front I am still working my Greensburg project and have started to make a Lizards Ridge baby blanket. I am using one type of yarn and knitting it all in one piece. If you want to know how I adapted the pattern please let me know.

I do ahve to share a cute Robyn story. A few weeks ago when we were at my parent's house Robyn decided that she would go to their neighbor's house to play with the 9 year old daughter. The big issue was that she did not bother to tell anyone. We figured that is where she went so my dad went off to retrieve her. When he got there Poppy asked "Robyn why didn't you tell us?" She took her toy phone out of her pocket, flipped it open and stated "Poppy, you know this isne't a real cell phone. If I had a real one I would have called you." Talk about a firecracker.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

those afghans of her are soooooooo damn beautiful. WOW.

Can't wait to see what yours turn out like. Just as beautiful I'm sure. :)

Happy Tuesday Jen!

PS. I got my yarn to finish my project. *note to self* buy more yarn then you think you will need.

Susan said...

Wow, damn you gotta teach me!

Laura said...

OH. MY. GOSH. The cell phone - how completely drop dead hilarious! My 3yo carries a play cell phone around talking to her grandparents on it all the time! So far she hasn't used it as an excuse for not being able to reach us. heheh